Come to the Kingston Public Library for Device Advice. We’ll be happy to assist you with your questions about using the library’s digital services. Bring your device and account information with you, and we will show you how to download ebooks and audiobooks from anywhere.
We’ll show you our other online services as well
- streaming and downloadable movies, music, and audiobooks
- digital magazines
- online event calendar
- historical materials – maps of Kingston, genealogy databases, house histories, finding aids
- practice tests
- Consumer Reports and other consumer information online
- language instruction
- legal information
- tutorials for self-instruction
- homework help
- career and education help
- research help
- information for travelers
- and so much more
When and How to Get Device Advice
- Ask at the Reference Desk. We’ll help you on the spot, or if it’s busy, we’ll make an appointment with you so we can give you more time.
- Book A Librarian for a half hour session.
- Check the library and self-instruction page for links to great tutorials and on-your-own classes on computer basics, social media, job searching and practice tests for career and school admission exams.