Notable Land Records

The Plymouth Registry of Deeds, the oldest land registry in the country with documents dating back to the original Plymouth Colony, has highlighted a number of interesting properties around the county in their exhibit “Notable Land Records.” Each entry has a brief description and a deed, plan or other document recorded by the Registry. All of the properties in the collection can be viewed online, and a rotating selection hang in the Registry entryway. The Local History Room submitted a number of Kingston properties, with more to come.

Frederic C. Adams Public Library, 33 Summer Street, circa 1935
Description – Book 726 Page 507 (1896)
Gray’s Beach, 1948
Photographer: Richard Guidoboni
Description – Book 1724 Page 494 (1937)
Willett House, 27 Wapping Road, circa 1925
Photographer: Emily Fuller Drew
Description – Plymouth Colony Volume II (1672)
Town wharf on the Jones River at the foot of River Street, 1925
Photographer: Emily Fuller Drew
Description – Book 1730 Page 476 (1937)
Faunce School, 16 Green Street, 1920
Photographer: Emily Fuller Drew
Description – Book 2710 Page 217 (1959)
Jones River from the river path, Thanksgiving 1917
Photographer: Emily Fuller Drew. Hathaway Preserve.
Description – Book 14872 Page 257 (1996)
Surprise Hose House, 235 Main Street, 1984
Description – Plan Book 36 Page 1 (1993)
The old Forge Pond channel, after Brockton dammed the flow, 1926. Photographer: Emily Fuller Drew
Description – Book 935 Page 75 (1905)
Kingston Pumping Station, 22 Elm Street, 1910
Photographer: Emily Fuller Drew
Description – Book 236 Page 62 (1850)