Here are some of the things we’re planning at the Library over the next few months.
- Author Talk May 5th – Lisa Duffy – The Salt House In the tradition of Jodi Picoult and Lisa Genova, this gorgeously written, heartbreaking, yet hopeful debut set during a Maine summer traces the lives of a young family in the aftermath of tragedy. In the coastal town of Alden, Maine, Hope and Jack Kelly have settled down to a life of ... Continue Reading
- Author Talk April 26th – John Palfrey – Biblio Tech Libraries today are more important than ever. More than just book repositories, libraries can become bulwarks against some of the most crucial challenges of our age: unequal access to education, jobs, and information. In BiblioTech, educator and technology expert John Palfrey argues that anyone seeking to participate in the 21st century ... Continue Reading
- Author Talk April 12th – Nancy Koehn – Forged in Crisis For leaders in the 21st century, there is one pressing question: What set of skills is required to lead in crisis, and can history give us answers? Harvard Business School historian and professor Nancy Koehn has surveyed some of history’s greatest leaders and made an incredible discovery: courageous leaders are ... Continue Reading
- Author Talk March 29th – Benjamin Rachlin – Ghost of the Innocent Man During the last three decades, more than two thousand American citizens have been wrongfully convicted. Ghost of the Innocent Man brings us one of the most dramatic of those cases and provides the clearest picture yet of the national scourge of wrongful conviction and of the opportunity for meaningful reform. When the final ... Continue Reading
- Author Talk March 15th – Marie Fricker – All in My Head: How a Hypochondriac Beat Brain Cancer If you or someone you know has been touched by cancer, you will find hope, humor, and coping strategies in a new book by Scituate author and 8-year brain tumor survivor Marie Fricker. Fricker shares the most personal aspects of her struggle and offers practical coping strategies for others in ... Continue Reading
- Little Free Libraries – Coming Soon! What is a little free library? A Little Free Library is a “take a book, return a book” free book exchange. They come in many shapes and sizes, but the most common version is a small wooden box of books. Anyone may take a book or bring a book to share. ... Continue Reading