Computer Availability and Use
- Users must sign in at the reference desk. In the Children’s Room, users do not need to sign in.
- Sessions are limited to one hour. Users may be able to stay longer if no one is waiting.
- No more than two persons at a time on the computer.
- Software games and programs may not be installed on any public computer.
- Users may not change wallpaper or settings.
- Report any computer problems to the reference staff.
- If you leave your computer during a session, it may not be available when you return.
- If you leave, please log out and take your belongings with you.
- Computers will be shut down by staff 15 minutes prior to closing. All computer users are expected to cooperate by saving and closing their documents and leaving the computers when directed by staff.
Food and Drinks
No food is allowed in the library, except during specific programs. Drinks in covered containers are allowed in the main reading room. However, they are not allowed at the computers or on the floor near the computers.
Look for the wireless network called “Kingston Public Library.” No password is needed. There are three access points around the building. Be sure to let us know if you have trouble with the wi-fi. We’ll be happy to test it for you.
Library staff are not able to provide in-depth technical assistance or handle your device. We also can’t assume responsibility for the safety of your equipment. Please remember that this is a public building and keep your belongings with you at all times.