The Ahdenah is the land between Duxbury and the Jones River. The name Ah De Nah is a western Indian name meaning "good place to stay" or "good campground" and was given by Waldo and Edgar Loring, after they gained land there in the 1920s. Once thought part of Duxbury, this area was finally declared part of Kingston in 1855.

Click here to return to the About Kingston page