Automatic Renewals for your Library account
How Does Automatic Renewal Work?
- Most items (Books, DVDs, CDs, Magazines) will be automatically renewed
- If you owe $15 or more your automatic renewal will be declined
- You will receive an email to notify you of successful renewals
- You will receive an email or text notice for items that were not renewed
What Items are Excluded?
- Electronic downloads
- Some new high-demand titles and items on hold for other patrons
- Items that have reached their maximum renewal limit (usually 2)
- Some physical objects (Rokus, Hotspots, etc.) and similar items
- Materials borrowed through the Commonwealth Catalog
For more information on borrowing from the Kingston Public Library, visit our page on how to borrow books and other items from the library.