About Susan Aprill
Archivist View all posts by Susan Aprill →
Another helpful program, we hope.
Here’s some welcome news from the IRS, and hopefully a real relief.
Monday March 30th, 2020 - 4:56 pm
If you or any senior 60+ could use a little extra help with meals, please contact Old Colony Elder Services at 508-584-1561 ask for Intake & Referral and ask to be put on the Meals-on-Wheels program. Even if you only use the service temporarily to get you through this unusual time, you will receive a nutritionally based meal 7 days a week!
Any questions please reach out to the Kingston Senior Center at 781-585-0511 ... See MoreSee Less
Friday March 27th, 2020 - 5:46 pm
Earlier today Kingston aired its third LIVE COVID-19 Update on PACTV (Plymouth Area Community Television). If you missed it, please visit the link below.
Today's program featured updates from Fire Chief Mark Douglass (Kingston Fire & Emergency Management), Director of Elder, Affairs Paula Rossi-Clapp (Kingston Council on Aging), Library Tech, Mike Slawson (Kingston Public Library), and State Rep. Kathy LaNatra.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CPEYKIf1Fs ... See MoreSee Less
Friday March 27th, 2020 - 1:08 pm
Thank you to the Kingston residents who had Mama Mia's deliver lunch for our Officer's today, it was greatly appreciated!
(I know that we had posted before that we could not accept food, where it was delivered from the restaurant, by the restaurant, we are able to). ... See MoreSee Less
Wednesday March 25th, 2020 - 12:29 pm
Thank you to companies like M.S. Walker and Dirty Water Distillery, who have transformed their operations to assist during this public health crisis. Both companies made donations of their hand sanitizers to help keep our first responders safe.
Also, please remember to lock car doors to protect your valuables (like these) 😉👍 ... See MoreSee Less
Kingston Massachusetts Police Department published a note.
Wednesday March 25th, 2020 - 10:48 am
· A posting on this page constitutes acceptance of these terms.
· In case of emergency, or if you need police assistance, dial 911.
· Do not use this page to report a crime for which the Kingston, Massachusetts Police Department would have jurisdiction. To report a crime or request a routine police response call (781) 585-0523.
· If you post information related to a crime on this page, you may be placing yourself in the position of becoming a witness to a crime and subject yourself to subpoena, and in certain situations, endangering yourself or others.
· “Friending” between Kingston Police Department and a citizen does not indicate endorsement of that person’s actions or comments.
· Comments posted by others on the Kingston Police Department Facebook page are not to be considered the opinion of the Kingston Police Department; nor does the Kingston Police Department endorse any third-party comments on this page.
· The Kingston Police Department does not allow posting of photos or videos by anyone other than members of the Kingston Police Department.
· If you have photos or videos you’d like to share on this page, contact a Kingston Police Department social media administrator via private message.
· If you are looking for more information about the Kingston Police Department, please visit: www.kingstonmass.org.
The Kingston Police Department welcomes a person’s right to express his/her opinion and encourages posters to keep comments related to content on this page. The Kingston Police Department reserves the right to remove any comments that are inappropriate or offensive, including comments that:
• defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or violate the legal rights of others,
• include racism, hatred, slander, threats, obscenity, violence, vulgarity,
• spam or advertise,
• could harm the safety or well-being of one of our employees, including personal attacks,
• are off-topic,
• have personal information about another person or that violate a person’s privacy,
• include copyrighted material that belongs to another person,
• contain links to inappropriate websites. ... See MoreSee Less
Tuesday March 24th, 2020 - 1:27 pm
As a reminder, the Kingston Police Department cannot accept donations of food or drink at this time due to COVID-19 concerns.
A citizen just attempted to donate a substantial amount of prepared food but unfortunately, we had to turn it away. He plans on ensuring the food goes to good use by donating elsewhere. We are grateful for the kind gesture. ... See MoreSee Less
Monday March 23rd, 2020 - 4:04 pm
In conjunction with the Kingston Fire Department, we have a plastic bin outside the lobby for people to drop off medical supplies for First Responders and Hospitals. They are narrowed down to, but not exclusive to:
1. N95 or higher respirator masks
2. Face shields/goggles
3. Surgical gowns
4. Tyvek suits/accessories (Booties, sleeves, hoods, etc.)
5. Latex gloves (any size)
6. Hand sanitizer
If you have any questions as to what can or cannot be dropped off, please contact Officer LaNatra at (781)585-0523, Chief Douglass or Dep. Chief Hatch at Kingston Fire (781)585-0532 ... See MoreSee Less
The link above shows a number of Facebook feeds for the Library and other Town pages. Below are individual local pages with Facebook feeds, where you can read posts and follow links without having an account or joining a group. Official websites and other channels are included if we know them (if we don’t, let us know).