The link above shows a number of Facebook feeds for the Library and other Town pages. Below are individual local pages with Facebook feeds, where you can read posts and follow links without having an account or joining a group. Official websites and other channels are included if we know them (if we don’t, let us know).
In collaboration with the Kingston Emergency Management Team, the Kingston Public Library has made the difficult decision to temporarily close all library locations as of March 16th for at least two weeks, or until further notice.
The KPL is a place where the community gathers, and your health and well-being is our top priority. We are closing for the safety of our visitors and staff due to heightened concerns about the spread of COVID-19. We are deeply committed to serving the public, and the best way to do that at this time is to help minimize the spread of COVID-19. This is a rapidly changing situation; please continue to check our website at https://kingstonpubliclibrary.org for updates and more information.
During this temporary closure,
- All late fees will be suspended. Holds will also be suspended. Please note, this change may not be reflected immediately in library accounts
- Please keep any materials you have currently checked out. Our book drop will remain open but if a book drop is full, do not leave library items outside the book drop.
- Free wifi will be available outside the library, in the parking lot or as far as the signal extends.
- Library staff will continue to be available during regular library hours to provide assistance by telephone and email.
Explore our many free online resources, including ebooks, emagazines, streaming video and music for all ages. This post has details.
For COVID-19 updates, please continue to check
- the Town of Kingston website at http://www.kingstonmass.org,
- the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/
- the state’s website at http://www.mass.gov or
- The World Health Organization at https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
Residents with questions can call
- the Selectmen’s Office at 781-585-0501 or
- the Kingston Health Department at 781-585-0503.
We look forward to returning to our regular Library hours as soon as possible.