We’re working towards welcoming the public back into the Library. Because we’ve had staff reductions, we need some help from volunteers.
The first opportunities are for volunteer greeters, storytime readers and program presenters. Other opportunities may be added to this list. Please note that we may not be able to accommodate everyone who applies, and that staff and volunteers will follow all recommended covid-19 safety requirements, including PPE.
If you have questions, please call Library Director Mike Slawson at 781-831-6273 or send him an email.
Thank you so much for your interest in the Kingston Public Library.
All the links here go to pages that show posts from groups and pages related to Kingston; you don’t need to be on Facebook to read the posts.
In collaboration with the Kingston Emergency Management Team, the Kingston Public Library has made the difficult decision to temporarily close all library locations as of March 16th for at least two weeks, or until further notice.
The KPL is a place where the community gathers, and your health and well-being is our top priority. We are closing for the safety of our visitors and staff due to heightened concerns about the spread of COVID-19. We are deeply committed to serving the public, and the best way to do that at this time is to help minimize the spread of COVID-19. This is a rapidly changing situation; please continue to check our website at https://kingstonpubliclibrary.org for updates and more information.
During this temporary closure,
- All late fees will be suspended. Holds will also be suspended. Please note, this change may not be reflected immediately in library accounts
- Please keep any materials you have currently checked out. Our book drop will remain open but if a book drop is full, do not leave library items outside the book drop.
- Free wifi will be available outside the library, in the parking lot or as far as the signal extends.
- Library staff will continue to be available during regular library hours to provide assistance by telephone and email.
Explore our many free online resources, including ebooks, emagazines, streaming video and music for all ages. This post has details.
For COVID-19 updates, please continue to check
- the Town of Kingston website at http://www.kingstonmass.org,
- the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/
- the state’s website at http://www.mass.gov or
- The World Health Organization at https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
Residents with questions can call
- the Selectmen’s Office at 781-585-0501 or
- the Kingston Health Department at 781-585-0503.
We look forward to returning to our regular Library hours as soon as possible.