These are our current and upcoming opportunities for volunteers.
Greeters will be scheduled for 2-hour shifts and will be stationed near the Library entrance.
We will train you to
- welcome the public back to the Library
- let people know what to expect and what’s required
- monitor the number of people entering and leaving the building so we stay within occupancy limits
- answer routine questions or refer questions to us
- direct people to the right staff member or area
Storytime Readers and Presenters
Library programs are now online, both live on Zoom and as prerecorded videos. We’ll work with you to coordinate scheduling, solve technical issues, and promote your program.
We hope before long to resume offering programs in person.
Our first priority is for readers to create online storytimes for children from preschool to grade 2. Storytimes run for 30 minutes.
Are you interested in creating other programs? We know there are many talented people in Kingston, and we invite you to propose a program for any age. You could teach a craft or a skill, or share your interests with the community.
We’re working towards welcoming the public back into the Library. Because we’ve had staff reductions, we need some help from volunteers.
The first opportunities are for volunteer greeters, storytime readers and program presenters. Other opportunities may be added to this list. Please note that we may not be able to accommodate everyone who applies, and that staff and volunteers will follow all recommended covid-19 safety requirements, including PPE.
If you have questions, please call Library Director Mike Slawson at 781-831-6273 or send him an email.
Thank you so much for your interest in the Kingston Public Library.
The Kingston Public Library is now offering printing with curbside pickup.
- An OCLN library card is required. If you don’t have one, get a Kingston card here.
Your first five pages are free and the charge is 20¢ per page after that. Please be aware that we cannot guarantee complete privacy, though we will place your print jobs in an envelope for pickup.
Please complete the “printing for curbside pickup” form and attach the file to be printed.
Hours for curbside pickup:
- Monday: 1 pm to 7 pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday: 11 am to 4pm
What we can print for you:
- Plain paper, letter or legal size, black & white or color
- Maximum file size is 1 MB.
- Acceptable file types are
- If your print job is over 20 pages, we’ll let you know the estimated cost before we print.
- You can pay online if the balance is over $5.00; log in to your OCLN account for more information.
- You can pay in cash when the Library reopens.
When your print job is ready:
- We’ll call you when your items are ready for pickup.
- We’ll also let you know the cost of printing, which is charged to your library card as “Printing.”
- When you arrive at the library, call 781-831-6275 and let us know you’re here.
- Wait in your car until staff puts your document on the table and re-enters the building.
- Please make sure to wear a mask and maintain social distancing with other library visitors.
Kids Star Wars Day craft with Eme & Brook of the KPL Youth Advisory Council. MAY THE 4th BE WITH YOU!
Join Mr. Mike from the Kingston Public Library and Miss Holly from the Holmes Public Library in Halifax for a storytime about dogs!
Fun Doggy Storytime Activities:
Cosmic Kids Yoga – Dog on the Moon
Art for Kids Hub – Learn how to draw a dog!
GoNoodle – Doggy Mindfulness
With a growing course catalog of over 500 online classes, Universal Class provides continuing education to cover almost any interest. Over 500,000 students around the world have benefited from Universal Class’ unique instructional technologies. With streaming video, website avatars, insightful instructional content, helpful tutors, and a social networking experience, Universal Class offers an engaging and measurable learning experience that can help you reach your educational goals.