Town Meeting begins at 8:00 am on Saturday, August 8. As of July 27, the venue is the Kingston Collection, 101 Kingston Collection Way, in the space next to the movie theater, formerly occupied by K1 Speed.
Kingston’s Town Meeting is run according to Town Meeting Time: A Handbook of Parliamentary Law, by the Massachusetts Moderators Association.
These are our current and upcoming opportunities for volunteers.
Greeters will be scheduled for 2-hour shifts and will be stationed near the Library entrance.
We will train you to
- welcome the public back to the Library
- let people know what to expect and what’s required
- monitor the number of people entering and leaving the building so we stay within occupancy limits
- answer routine questions or refer questions to us
- direct people to the right staff member or area
Storytime Readers and Presenters
Library programs are now online, both live on Zoom and as prerecorded videos. We’ll work with you to coordinate scheduling, solve technical issues, and promote your program.
We hope before long to resume offering programs in person.
Our first priority is for readers to create online storytimes for children from preschool to grade 2. Storytimes run for 30 minutes.
Are you interested in creating other programs? We know there are many talented people in Kingston, and we invite you to propose a program for any age. You could teach a craft or a skill, or share your interests with the community.